Wednesday, November 5, 2014

# 24 Falling in Love



Yes, I am in love...with Belize.  What could be finer than a lip smacking sumptuous seaweed shake, or fresh-- right off the boat--fish, or the friendliest people on the planet and did I mention  Hummingbird Highway? Who names a highway after a bird?  It doesn't get much better than this.

 I'm not sure if my newfound love is the result of this magical place or is it magical because life after my diagnosis has changed my perspective on just about everything. Something to contemplate as I sit on my
lounge chair digging my toes into the fine warm sand and letting the cool ocean breezes lift my hair...oh stop it!  Perspective, spersplective--the place is priceless regardless of my post diagnosis assessment.

 Mehmet Murat Ildan said, “In matters of healing the body or the mind, vacation is a true genius!” Well said, Mehmet, the healing has just begun!

Thanks for reading # 24 of 7777.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely Mary! Hoping I find the same love in San Juan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I join you??? Sounds fabulous-enjoy Mary! Missing you here, but really, why come back to cold weather, snow in the forecast etc....

    ReplyDelete