Tuesday, December 9, 2014

# 58 Just Swim

"Swimming: From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out you can't explain it." Author unknown.

The joys of swimming.  I've been paddling through the water since...who knows when the first splash happened; and discovered the thrill of being surrounded in a substance that enabled me to float on the surface or dive into the depths of silence.

Stroke by stroke--lap after lap.  I can't describe the passion for it nor can I explain what motivates me and other swimmers to plunge into the water on any given morning, afternoon or evening to swim back and forth again and again in our confined lanes.  All I know is the serenity gained from the steady repetitive strokes keeps me returning for a temporary distraction from above water worries and an escape into an underwater wonderland of bliss.

The water is your friend.  You don't have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move.
Aleksandr Popov

And move it will. Last August my swim across Lake Washington convinced me that I could move anything blocking my path and I am out to prove it again.  Next March my goal is to swim across a lake in Arizona to continue to raise awareness for metastatic breast cancer and, of course, root out money for research.  In a spirit of camaraderie, I will find another mets sister to swim with me and show the world that we are indeed alive and well and plan to remain that way for years to come.

Thanks for reading # 58 of  7777.



No comments:

Post a Comment