Tuesday, December 23, 2014

# 72 Tis the Season

 It is the holiday season and everyone feels the spirit of giving, tax deduction time is right around the corner and, as usual, I have a huge favor to ask that comes not only from me but my 155,000+ unmet and reluctant metastatic breast cancer friends.  To get right to the bottom of this request and laying it on the line-- it is and always will be about raising money for the mets clan.  Many of you have gone above and beyond with your generous donations to American Cancer Society so this is not a solicitation for your financial help.  It is a plea to copy and send the letter below to five (or more) people who probably have no idea who I am nor read my blog but must be giving and kind people if they are your friends.

Like yesterday's entry pointed out, we are all connected by 6 degrees of separation so direct this request to five people you know and have them ask five people they know and maybe just maybe we can generate enough money to connect us all as we strive to thrive a little longer.

Dear     
If you are receiving this letter, you are a friend of a friend of a friend who has decided to help me out, and I sure could use your assistance.  I have metastatic breast cancer (Stage IV if you like numbers) and am on a campaign to raise awareness and money for the fight of my life.  Diving headlong into researching this disease I have been appalled at the lack of funding ( less than 7% of  the money invested in breast cancer studies) and awareness that affects the one in three women who, after the initial invasive breast cancer diagnosis, will develop metastatic disease.  For myself, my first round was caught early, I had the usual surgery/chemo/radiation treatments and thought that never ending medical year was over.  Unfortunately, 18 months after the last treatment, the cancer returned and this letter brings me to your doorstep.  Any donation amount to the Metastatic Breast Cancer Network http://mbcn.org/get-involved/category/donate  may help find answers to this disease that touches so many of us and would also provide the perfect write off for a tax deduction.  Regardless if you choose to write a check or not, please forward this on to five other people to raise awareness to the forgotten 155,000+ living daily with metastatic cancer.

Many many thanks from the bottom of my heart.


Mary Gooze


PS.  You are now considered a friend so join me at mgooze.blogspot.com and hear me rant over and over again about MBC.


My very best words can not express the gratitude I feel towards your attention to this incredibly important issue in my life.  I will simply say-- thanks from "my people to your people" for paying this forward.

Thanks for reading # 72 of 7777.

1 comment: