Monday, January 26, 2015

# 106 Friendship Equals Love

After my brutally honest blog a few days ago, I discovered the true meaning of friendship.  A flurry of emails buzzed through the airwaves, my phone jingled, heartfelt Facebook messages were written; and all with concern for me. I'm okay now so thank you, but please know how comforting your words touched me so that has made me okay.

 A few weeks ago, my dear friend Deb sent these quotes that seem even more appropriate as I negotiate this alien journey in life.  Read them once and then again.  Powerful statements to the beauty of friendship. I am one lucky gal.


Friends and friendship-

“When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.”


“I think if I've learned anything about friendship, it's to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don't walk away, don't be distracted, don't be too busy or tired, don't take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff.”
 Jon Katz

I could not possible say it better-I am truly blessed to have friends as are described here.
Deb

Thanks for reading # 106 of 7777.

No comments:

Post a Comment