Thursday, March 19, 2015

# 157 60 Degrees of Fun

The water is your friend...you don't have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move.
Alexandr Popov

First of all, thanks to all of you who passed on my swimming plan to others out there in the internet world.  I'm hoping the momentum will build with each swim as well as awareness about the disease and increased research funding.  If you are interested in getting wet with me, bring your suit and your support kayaker along and join me.  I'd love the company. Meanwhile stay tuned for the date of the next big splash.

Since my practices have been in a small over heated pool for laps (boring and too hot to get a good workout), I anticipated a slow showing next Tuesday.  However, the word from the park is the lake is 2 1/2 miles long with a water temperature of 60+ so my swim will be much faster than I have been training.  My goal for the day--get in, get going and get out...as quickly as I can.  Or as Mr. Popov states--"share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move".  Move is the key word here and ideally will be moving fast enough to avoid any icicles coming out of my nose.

Rob will be my support man--of course--and will have the dog riding shotgun in the rowboat.  It will either generate some interest in what I'm doing or else the park rangers will be called to haul us away.  Let's hope for the former.

Thanks for reading # 157 of 7777.











No comments:

Post a Comment