Thursday, March 26, 2015

# 164 Swish

The 2015 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament involves 68 teams playing in a single-elimination tournament to determine the national champion of men's NCAA Division I college basketball. The 77th edition of the tournament began on March 17, 2015, and will conclude with the championship game on April 6 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana. From Wikipedia

March Madness, Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight, Final Four--they have it covered. At one time I thought March Madness was more about being winter crazed waiting for the sun to shine or the snow to melt and not about basketball. According to the media flap, BASKETBALL IS A REALLY BIG DEAL!

 Our television, phones and computers have been buzzing since it began on March 17 when the eldest son suggested a friendly family pool on this ubiquitous event that has the entire nation frothing at each twist and turn as the games go into overtime, double time or whatever time. The frenzy around this game is rather...maddening.

What a pleasant surprise to find that I am a natural (tongue in cheek) at picking the right teams and am leading the pack--for now.  I've been informed by the disgruntled males in the family that since one of my picks for the final four was blown out of the water--Villanova--my chances for an overall win has suddenly been highjacked. Sounds like sour grapes as I repeatedly have to remind the Y chromosomes--I'm still #1.

The idea of picking a winning team--68 of them and only one will wear the crown or whatever they do--is like skipping stones; sometimes the rock sails across the water and other times it sinks to the bottom.  I know the "boys" took great care in analyzing each prospect to insure a win but they all have had a few sinkers lately.  Pfffft--I chose the teams based on if I liked the politics or the scenery or the mascot name, in other words, a pretty random selection.  You may think I am a disinterested fan but who else would check Yahoo Sports every morning to see the rankings?  Random or not, I want my teams to win.

At this moment before the Sweet Sixteen tip off, I am beating my two sports crazed sons, ditto for my husband, and another ditto for my daughter's boyfriend.  A few more weeks to go before we see who will come out smelling like a rose or not.  In the meantime I am enjoying my perch at the top of the charts much to the chagrin of the "experts" in the family.

Thanks for reading # 164 of 7777.

No comments:

Post a Comment