Wednesday, June 10, 2015

#240 Foot in Mouth No More

Stay tuned for pictures of today's swim on my Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/onewomanmanylakes?fref=ts

Dedicating the Lake Waubesa swim to my mets sister, Heather.

Heather cheerleading me on!


 In the meantime it seems like good time to revisit what to say to someone with cancer--blogs # 7 and # 8 were earlier posts about this sensitive topic.  Several people have expressed feelings of being uncomfortable and don't want to end up with their size 9 in their mouth.

  About 95% of the time the words are comforting and uplifting, however, (and this isn't you) sometimes the brain and the words get discombobulated and leaves both parties feeling a bit pi$$ed, foolish, trite, stupid, etc. etc. etc.

My daughter-in-law and son found a series of cards made by Emily McDowell, a woman with cancer, and sent me the first of many in the collection.  Brilliant idea and because sharing is caring, here's the first one.

"Please let me be the first to punch the next person who tells you everything happens for a reason.  I'm sorry you're going through this."

Her web page is emilymcdowell.com if you'd like to purchase some of these gems.

Thanks for reading # 240 of 7777.

No comments:

Post a Comment