Friday, June 26, 2015

# 256 It's Time to Jump

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” 

Please...jump on this wild ride of a bandwagon and see where life takes you.  My sole purpose at this point in living is to educate and raise funds for Metastatic Breast Cancer...period.  I can not, can not do this alone and I have been beyond fortunate, beyond lucky, beyond my wildest dreams to have such compassionate people surround me with their enthusiasm and complete dedication to MY cause.  They might not have chosen this particular one to raise a ruckus but they have embraced it and I am forever grateful (again and again) for their support.  

I have learned unbelievable facts and figures I didn't know before cancer struck and I am hoping my fellow comrades in this crusade are also becoming educated not only about this disease but to what life can teach us at any given moment.  As ugly as cancer can be, the "newer and richer experience" is reaching out to people and asking them to take that leap on to my proverbial bandwagon--and then they do--without hesitation.  If nothing else in this crazy cancer frenzy, witnessing the depth of human kindness in so many ways makes it the rewarding experience I cherish and, more importantly, lets me be fearless to fight the monster.

Kudos to all of you out there.  Again, I humbly thank and applaud you for your tenacious stand against MBC and your ardent support of me and my 155,000 life loving friends.

And now on to the finale-- the swim in Lake Mendota next Tuesday.  Rob (best husband--ever) is already fretting about the weather and the winds and the waves.  Boo hoo!  Take one day at a time, dear husband, and see what happens.  At this point, only lightening and a tornado would keep me out of the water.  Rumble tumble whitecaps or blue yucky algae--a piece of cake.  Sounds like fun (really) and hope you can join me.

  Follow the website www.onewomanmanylakes.net or Facebook (One Woman Many Lakes) for updates on the entry, the exit and the environment.

Thanks for caring and reading # 256 of 7777.


No comments:

Post a Comment