Sunday, June 28, 2015

#258 Rotarians and What They Do Best

A lovely dinner at the Madison Club turned into an unexpected profitable evening for my One Woman, Many Lakes campaign.  It was the annual Rotary gathering to celebrate the "Changing of the Guard" with the usual social hour of conversation mixed in with laughter and a bonding of fellowship towards a goal of service to others.

It appears that not only are they charitable in the international scene but dig even deeper into their pockets when one closer to home needs assistance.  I happen to be the fortunate recipient of their huge hearts.

Imagine my surprise when the President's Purse --money collected throughout the year--was presented to help me with my fight to find a cure for metastatic breast cancer.  Over $1100 was donated with another fifty dollars thrown in by the lucky raffle winner of the night.

 They are an exceedingly generous group of philanthropists who I am proud to know and thankful Rob has been associated with for over thirty years.  A first class group of people in my book.

 From the bottom of my heart, thank you Madison South Rotarians.  To find out more about this organization, go to www.rotary.org

Thanks for reading #258 of 7777.


No comments:

Post a Comment