Thursday, October 22, 2015

#375 Watch Out New Bern, Here We Come!



Today we are heading to New Bern, North Carolina for a "call to action" speech followed by a--can't believe it's October and I am in the water--swim on Friday in the Neuse River.  The weather, always the weather, is a factor --but looking ahead I may have a beautiful day to paddle downstream.  Rumor has it there may be a bagpiper play his pipes(is that what they are called?) as I move from one shore to the other.

The event, Get Your Pink On, is organized by Beth Fairchild, a prominent citizen in the community and a real go getter in the mets world.  She is definitely a mover and a shaker. We met Beth last April in Hillsdale State Park when we joined the Metavivor van that was crossing the country rallying troops and visiting researchers.  Beth and CJ came out on a chilly day to watch me being battered by the waves going in the opposite direction of my swim.

Not sure if she was impressed with that attempt but she invited me out to her part of the country to swim and spread the word.  I'm excited and looking forward to meeting the NC crew and discover a new city.
Click here to see New Bern, NC

Pictures and details will follow.

Thanks for reading # 375 of 7777.

No comments:

Post a Comment