Saturday, July 1, 2017

#528 Act Now!


From CNN


I recently received an unexpected letter from Speaker Paul Ryan regarding my upcoming swim and wishing me well as I advocate for more funding for metastatic breast cancer.  His acknowledgment of the importance of research is commendable and I appreciate being given a pat on the back for our commitment to finding a cure.

                                                                     However...

Without getting too political (too late) I am responding to him on what it will be like if the current health bill passes the Senate.  We have all been bombarded with the facts--millions will be without coverage.  Our metastatic sisters and brothers are in jeopardy of losing major support to combat the financial toxicity of this disease.  It will be an earlier death sentence for many of us if we can not afford the drugs and treatments that have been extending our lives for a few more months or even years.  Will he hear my response that he can not allow this to happen?  Will he heed the burden this bill will place on families who struggle with lost wages due to this illness but also be cognizant of the skyrocketing price of drugs that we require every month?

We have all witnessed caring communities around this great country of ours who rally around those who are suffering.  Now--this very moment--we must join hands, grab our phones or our computers and write, call and scream loudly that this monstrosity of a bill will not help our fellow human beings.  Please, please, please contact your legislators in Washington and tell them to vote NO.  Tell them to go back to the drawing board and, with charitable hearts, consider their constituents need to have affordable health care and the chance for a longer life without sending their families into bankruptcy.

If you are still not convinced, read this article which goes into detail on where the money is being cut and who will benefit from those cuts-- NBC News on the health care bill.

Did any of this infuriate you at the injustice to so many? No more wringing of your hands.  You can do something about it by going to these websites and locate your state's legislators' names and phone numbers - U.S. Senate: Senators of the 115th Congress and The House of Representatives.  Call and/or write today.  Our lives depend on it.

Thanks for reading #528 of 7777.

1 comment:

  1. GREETINGS everyone out there.. my name is (Robert Lora) I am from CANADA i will never forget the help Dr Ogudugu render to me in my marital life. I have been married for 8 years now and my husband and i love each other very dearly. After 6 years of our marriage my husband suddenly change he was having an affair with a lady outside our marriage, my husband just came home one day he pick up his things and left me and the kids to his mistress outside at this time i was confuse not knowing what to do again because i have lost my husband and my marriage too. i was searching for help in the internet, i saw many people sharing testimony on how Dr Ogudugu help them out with their marital problems so i contacted the email of Dr Ogudugu i told him my problem and i was told to be calm that i have come to the right place were i can get back my husband within the next 48hours, to my greatest surprise my husband came to my office begging me on his knees that i should find a place in my heart to forgive him, that he will never cheat on me again, i quickly ask him up that i have forgiven him. Friends your case is not too hard why don't you give Dr Ogudugu a chance, because i know they will help you to fix your relationship with your Ex Partner. contact him: greatogudugu@gmail.com Or you can also reach him via whatsapp on +27663492930

    ReplyDelete