Sunday, August 18, 2019

#560 Take a Hike, Cancer




Goofy Grandparents at Twelfth Night

"Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild or a grandparent." -- Donald A. Norberg

As I take a moment in my hectic schedule to write this I am pleased to announce there is no time for thinking, pondering, worrying, etc. etc. etc. about cancer. It will have to take a back seat because I am preparing for a gargantuan distraction that will take my mind off the ongoing heart ache and anxiety this disease tends to create.

What event is so earth shattering that would remove this niggle in my head for a bit?  Grandchildren are a'coming and there are things to do to prepare for this much anticipated visit.  So, cancer can take a hike for a week while I bathe in the luxurious feelings of being Grandma G. to the most adorable children...ever!  (of course others will argue their offspring rate that adjective but we are all entitled to be bragging grandmas--so let me brag).

With meals to be made, toys to be acquired and beds to be assembled we are almost ready for their grand entrance.  It will be a glorious six days and, although I will be exhausted, it will be from hugs and building memories with these munchkins--not the cancer.

At night I am sure my weary head will hit the pillow but happily with not one trace of concern that my body is failing me.  The flurry of activity brought on by a delightful three year old and a lovable four month old will have made me this exhausted--and that's a good thing. I am anticipating my smile will be wide and my heart even wider as I float into a fairy land sleep with only dreams of what our next adventure will be.

Grandchildren don't need a lot of toys. The best thing a grandchild can have is a grandparent who gets down on the floor and plays with them.” -- Unknown

Yes, no time for *&^%$ cancer this week--oops, will clean up my potty mouth for a bit.  Despite the grim news from last week (buggers are growing on my liver) I will revel in a state of Grandma Utopia--if there is a place--and cherish every single moment with them.

Oh, I would be remiss in not mentioning how ecstatic I am about my eldest and his wife accompanying the cherubs and my other two visiting their niece and nephew.  My three children are still the limelight in my eyes but it has been years since they've sat in my lap and cuddled with a good book.  It's the circle of life for me to bestow my love to this next generation just as their grandparents did for them.

Onward and upward to a week filled with lasting memories for all of us.

Thanks for reading #560 of 7777.




3 comments:

  1. Yea Mary! You get an A+ in the science (none) and thrill (all) of being a Grandmother! ENjoy!!!! Kay R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy every minute Mary. I’m going to save this article and share it with any grandma I come across who is struggling with their health – so well said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post and nice information too. I read your post.
    Same Day Taj Mahal tour by car

    ReplyDelete