Tuesday, October 31, 2017

#538 Beth Caldwell is a Super Hero




Long Lake--dedicated to Beth Caldwell on August 19

There are no words I can describe on how I am feeling tonight after reading Beth Caldwell's latest blog.  Rob and I met this incredible woman in Seattle after I had been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer.  Our advocacy work was in its infancy and we were looking for ideas on what to do with our energy to make this disease a priority in the breast cancer community.  We listened and learned.

Beth was fierce, direct and I sat in awe of her knowledge and her passion.  Her "take charge" attitude was evident that day but didn't realize until later of her numerous accomplishments with her civil rights work along with her cancer work.  In our brief meeting I learned how important it is to advocate for myself, question cancer organizations' funding and search for the truth in giving.  She was unstoppable and that is the one lesson I will remember and continue to emulate as long as I am physically able to do so.

Grab the kleenex box and read her latest blog--but don't stop there.  Work backwards through the other entries.  I guarantee you will thank your lucky stars she has been in our corner as a hero to not only the mets community but to anyone else who needed support.  Cult of Perfect Motherhood by Beth Caldwell

Comfort and love across the airwaves to her and her beloved family.  It just isn't fair--GDMFSOBS! (My best combination of swear words I shared with her).

Tomorrow, instead of buying your overpriced latte (or whatever you drink), send a donation in honor of one hell of a woman.  Either donate to UW Carbone Cancer Center , Metavivor or Fred Hutch.

Thanks for reading #538 of 7777.


1 comment:

  1. GREETINGS everyone out there.. my name is (Robert Lora) I am from CANADA i will never forget the help Dr Ogudugu render to me in my marital life. I have been married for 8 years now and my husband and i love each other very dearly. After 6 years of our marriage my husband suddenly change he was having an affair with a lady outside our marriage, my husband just came home one day he pick up his things and left me and the kids to his mistress outside at this time i was confuse not knowing what to do again because i have lost my husband and my marriage too. i was searching for help in the internet, i saw many people sharing testimony on how Dr Ogudugu help them out with their marital problems so i contacted the email of Dr Ogudugu i told him my problem and i was told to be calm that i have come to the right place were i can get back my husband within the next 48hours, to my greatest surprise my husband came to my office begging me on his knees that i should find a place in my heart to forgive him, that he will never cheat on me again, i quickly ask him up that i have forgiven him. Friends your case is not too hard why don't you give Dr Ogudugu a chance, because i know they will help you to fix your relationship with your Ex Partner. contact him: greatogudugu@gmail.com Or you can also reach him via whatsapp on +27663492930

    ReplyDelete