Monday, April 11, 2016

#462 The Voice of a Songbird


Two metsters


I thought I'd share the article below written by Heather McManamy's husband, Jeff.  Her book was released on Sunday and if you haven't had a chance to buy one, do it now.  You can find it on Amazon.com.  She was an amazing person and I had the privilege to connect with her on our fight for more funding. Added to her book being available, her friend Megan, wrote and sang a beautiful lullaby for Bri that you do not want to miss. See the details below.

Perspective.
Today was a day of emotions, reflection and perspective at the book signing.
Emotional because I wish Heather was there to see her work come to life. It should have been her there talking with news stations, addressing the gathering before the signing and celebrating with friends and Bri afterwards.
Reflection, looking back at what our life had become after cancer knocked down our once blissful door. I have been asked a lot this week what this book means to me and should mean to others. I finally realized today exactly what this book is. It's guide that Heather left us. A guide to teach us how to live more, laugh harder and love without boundaries, even when faced with the harshest realities. I don't post about Cards for Brianna to sell more books, I post about it in hopes that it touches more lives and maybe even changes a couple along the way.
Perspective, really making ‪#‎everydaymatter‬ and remembering that when our time starts to come to end, the only truly important things in life are the people, the relationships forged and the moments with them that create lasting memories. When we reach that time where the light starts to fade, I don't think we will wish our business card had a more important title, our house was bigger or our car was fancier. I believe we will see the faces of those important to us, feel that joy of knowing you made them happy and remember how special they made you feel.
Seeing all of the special people today that Heather had relationships with was amazing. I know she treasured each and every one of you. When it comes to friends, Heather definitely has the all-star line up. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for taking time out of your day to come. Brianna was beyond thrilled. She actually said tonight that she could have signed a hundred more books. That's pretty big, because she had signed 90 of them already. smile emoticon
On top of an amazing book weekend, our friend, Megan Petersondelivered the final version of "Bri's Lullaby". This song is AMAZING and I hope she is proud of how it turned out. Because we want to find any way we can to support METAvivor.org, the song is available at the following link for you to stream for free and if you decide you want to buy it, half of the purchase price will be donated to them in Heather's name. I hope you enjoy it as much as Bri and I do (you may want to have a couple of tissues close by). Yes, it's that good. 
http://meganpeterson.bandcamp.com/releases
Here's to living life
Jeff McManamy

Bri's Lullaby by Megan Peterson, released 10 April 2016 I don’t know why you had to learn so young How fragile this world is I don’t know what I’m going to miss as you grow Into the woman you’ll be But I…
MEGANPETERSON.BANDCAMP.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment