Monday, May 30, 2016

#471 An Invite For You

Thumbs up for living!



A personal letter to YOU!  The swim season is gearing up and I would love to have you join in--either with me on each day or from afar as you swim, bike, run or whatever activity gets you moving.  Let's make this year the year that we advance the needle on funding for MBC.  Be part of the solution and unite behind this important cause.  We are mightier as a group.

Dear Friends and Family,

An exciting summer is ahead for us and you can be a part of it, and of course I always could use your help to get the word out.

I have two swim events this June for you to join my campaign to raise awareness and funding for Metastatic Breast Cancer. Now you can scream and rant with me while having a good time!

JUNE 14 - Lake Waubesa starting 1:00 pm at McDaniel Park in McFarland near the Green Lantern. It will be about a 1.50 mile loop returning to McDaniel Park. The swim is in memory of Heather McManamy.

JUNE 28 Lake Monona starting 11:00 am at Law Park.  This swim will be about 2.50 miles, also a loop returning to Law Park.

Swim with me or come with your kayak, canoe or boat. Let me know ASAP if you can be in/on the water for either swim.

I also could use “ground” control and if you remember last year many of you passed out information, directed people to different areas and kept everyone engaged.  Whatever needed to be done, you did it!  

The June 28 swim is part of One Woman Many Lakes Day with everyone taking part across the nation!   Two other women with Stage IV-Metastatic Breast Cancer are joining me in a “triathlon”. Lesley Glenn from Los Angeles will climb a nearby mountain and Leslie Falduto from Dallas will run.

More importantly, I need you to join the One Woman Many Lakes team to be part of the campaign. Please share with others and go to www.onewomanmanylakes.org and:

SIGN UP-stay current on upcoming events.
ADVOCATE-click the advocate button for more research funding.
PARTICIPATE-print the bib and donate to join me.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart—you are all there with me,

Mary


Thanks for reading # 471 of 7777.

1 comment:

  1. Wish we could come on out and swim with you or at least cheer you on..
    YOU GO GIRL

    ReplyDelete