Monday, February 6, 2017

#508 Let The Good Times Roll

Urban Sports Talk

This, my friends, is a happy post. One of the happiest posts I've written in quite a while.  What is the basis for all this delight?  Life continues on and on and on; and right now I am smack in the middle of it.  That's it.  Nothing more but ecstatic that I'm part of this universe.

If you remember the past few posts have had me whining about the literal pain in my neck and woe is me as I struggled to manage the havoc this new debilitating condition had rendered me.  Yes, this menacing pain has created havoc on my daily activities and has dealt me a poor excuse for an acceptable quality of life.  But, enough is enough. It's now "hi ho hi ho", it's off to life I go.

Leaving this merry old tune aside and speeding the message of good cheer along-- the story is the onc doc upped my pain patch to a new high which then propelled me into this feeling of elation. (On a side note, these mega pain killers may have led to this euphoric post but I digress).  I know, I know, it is not a cure and without this "bandaid" I'd be back in the fetal position moaning and groaning but for right now--let me say that again--RIGHT NOW--I can function like a normal (?) human being.  This makes me jumping for joy after the twelve days of hell that enveloped every cell in my body.

The stupendous news is that life really is not only good but amazing and I will appreciate each pain free moment with more gusto than I could ever imagine.  Heather McManamy's mantra was "Every day matters".  I understood it to a point where, yes, I do have a terminal disease and live every moment to its fullest; but I have not had extreme pain and had not personally experienced the horrible underbelly of what this despicable disease can do to fully be grateful for living a torture free life.

I'm there now and will forever acknowledge those good days when they roll around.  Not to sound like Patty the Preacher, but I would suggest that you ( especially those without cancer) revel in your good days--even if they number 365 this year.  Enjoy, relish, luxuriate in, adore--all of the above--and savor every minute.  It's the best gift we can give ourselves.

To help me keep reveling, go to UW Carbone Cancer Center and donate, donate, donate.  Gracias, mi amigos.

Thanks for reading #508 of 7777. 

7 comments:

  1. Good for you Mary... so happy to hear you have some relief and that you take the joy where you find it. Sending you much love... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I celebrate you in my life! Keep celebrating, Friend! Hugs! ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pain management is a wonderful and important thing. I truly appreciate my pain doctor for everything that she does! She may be the only reason I am sane (although I have never been "elated," hmmmm).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone, I'm here to let the whole world know of a man called Dr. Ekpen he is a spell caster and he is the man that helps me in my restore my marriage when my husband broke up with me, he use his power and gift to restore joy in my relationship. I want to also let the whole world know that he can still help if you are been blackmail by someone or you want to win a court case he can help. Contact him today via email: ekpentemple@gmail.com or you can whatsapp him on +2347050270218.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREETINGS everyone out there.. my name is (Robert Lora) I am from CANADA i will never forget the help Dr Ogudugu render to me in my marital life. I have been married for 8 years now and my husband and i love each other very dearly. After 6 years of our marriage my husband suddenly change he was having an affair with a lady outside our marriage, my husband just came home one day he pick up his things and left me and the kids to his mistress outside at this time i was confuse not knowing what to do again because i have lost my husband and my marriage too. i was searching for help in the internet, i saw many people sharing testimony on how Dr Ogudugu help them out with their marital problems so i contacted the email of Dr Ogudugu i told him my problem and i was told to be calm that i have come to the right place were i can get back my husband within the next 48hours, to my greatest surprise my husband came to my office begging me on his knees that i should find a place in my heart to forgive him, that he will never cheat on me again, i quickly ask him up that i have forgiven him. Friends your case is not too hard why don't you give Dr Ogudugu a chance, because i know they will help you to fix your relationship with your Ex Partner. contact him: greatogudugu@gmail.com Or you can also reach him via whatsapp on +27663492930

    ReplyDelete