Monday, October 27, 2014

# 15 Random Acts of Kindness.


“Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.” 
― Henry James



Kindness--catch it. Lately, I am noticing more and more people and their sincere warmheartedness towards me. Look around, it is not just me, it probably is happening to you, too. Maybe with the never ending gloom in the news I was looking for a bit of sunshine.  Cancer does have a way of awakening our senses to the finer things in life.

A quick list from the week

 The vases of flowers arrived at my door from my favorite flower fairy the other day.  It may seem like a small gesture, but she had picked the flowers, beautifully arranged them in a vase and presented them to me on a day that I could use a little pick me up.  How did she know?  Well, she is the flower fairy.

A card that the giver had selected just for me was given with a hug and a smile.  Priceless.

A letter from my dear aunt that warmed my heart.

Talking and laughing with my sisters

A delicious fish fry with the neighbors

Biking with a friend

Generous donations for the fight against cancer

Rob's amazing meals

Coffee and laughter at the Firefly

Hugs from friends

Calls concerned about Rob

Inquiries about David and his adventures

Phone call from the eldest

Lunch with my daughter

A beautiful evening at the Edgewater with friends and people committed to beating cancer

A genuine hug and "how are you doing" from Bo Ryan

On and on and on.  Thanks for reading #15 of 7777.


















1 comment:

  1. I love this post, and all others too... keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete