Tuesday, October 21, 2014

#8 What to say to someone with cancer

Yesterday's entry was a bit of a downer so I will lighten up and let you know what we would really like to hear.  Some of these comments were made by the wonderful and caring people in my life.  

Let's go biking or for a walk or swim or anything physical!

Go ahead and rant--I'm listening.

Have you read a good book lately?

I care about you and hope you are doing well.

Cancer sucks.

How are you...today?

I made soup and will drop it off.

&%$##&

I just donated a gazillion dollars to American Cancer Society!

I am on my way to clean your house--okay so no one really will say that but had to put it out there just in case.

You look fabulous--I know, that was on my NOT list but I actually like hearing it and when I hear it enough I start believing it.

Hugs-- nonverbal but always feels good.

You have inspired me to take better care of myself.

I just had a mammogram/colonoscopy/skin check.

I'm wearing sunscreen.

Ate lots of green leafy veggies today.

I'm here for you.

We've got your back.

I love you.

And the list could go on and on but you get the idea.  We're listening and a phrase, word or gesture can wipe away the ugly "not so helpful" comments in one single swipe.

Thanks for reading #8 of 7777.







1 comment:

  1. Good list Mary! I wish I had a gazillion dollars to donate :)

    ReplyDelete