Sunday, April 12, 2015

#181 The Master of Life From a Bicycle Seat

"She who succeeds in gaining the mastery of the bicycle will gain the mastery of life."
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com

 The first bike ride of the year is always the most challenging and I had forgotten about the sore back side from this activity but we tackled the hills with gusto and enjoyed the moderate temperatures of the day.

As we pedaled along I mentioned to my friend that despite having an idle bicycle for eight months we never forget how to ride.  According to Ms. Anthony my success on the bike meant that I must have finally gained the mastery of life.  Wow! All those days when life seems overwhelming I need only to remember her wise words--"gain the mastery of life".  It seems so simple.

Unfortunately I don't think she knew about the remote control for the television in our house.  No matter how many times I have used that contraption I never ever get it right the first (or second or third) time. My thoughts on this vile tool is that it is messing with my mind and randomly changes how it operates.  Of course Rob doesn't agree but that's filed under the category of  "Men are from Mars", etc.  This leads me to the question, is this one of those "mastery of life" experiences I can't master?

But I digress, and Ms. Anthony has a point about mastery of life and bicycles.  I just wish she could be around for assistance when I attempt to fiddle with the television and its evil control.

Thanks for reading # 181 of 7777.


No comments:

Post a Comment