Thursday, April 30, 2015

# 199 The Gardener


“It was such a pleasure to sink one's hands into the warm earth, to feel at one's fingertips the possibilities of the new season.” 



Tis the season I cherish.  Digging in the dirt. Mulching (maybe the results and not the actual dirty job). Planning where the annuals will go and the new perennials.  What's not to love about this time of year?  Everything right now is fresh, sprouting and turning that magnificent green that gets me out to the yard looking around and... salivating.

Yes, I picture this House and Garden looking yard with flowers gently waving in the warm breezes of a summer day.  In reality there have been garden catastrophes that I'd like to forget.  Too many bunches in one place, dying petunias because I forgot to water during a drought and other similar instances where the heart was there but the ambition of following through was stopped in its tracks. August is my waning month but by that time I have spent almost the entire summer enjoying the fruits of my earlier zeal.

But right now with gloves in hand and garden tools prepped, I am ready and eager to get out and help make nature's magic appear in my yard.  It's a cathartic recipe for my soul and overlooking the small boo boos, I am always pleased with the results. Fortunately gardening is pretty foolproof because even the disasters can project an image of success.

So, back outside today to dig, replant, rework, uncover and sink my hands into the warm earth for a new season of gratifying eye candy.

Thanks for reading # 199 of 7777.

2 comments:

  1. Best4garden is a fast growing business aiming to provide customers with green solutions for easy gardening. Established in 2006, providing the enviro lawn edging range and since we keep adding new products every year. We act as a manufacture and wholeseller and as retailers to some other products that we think will help our customers - gardeners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice informative post. Athri motivates people, he says “The ultimate goal of a motivational speaker is to change people profoundly on an emotional and mental level.
    Read more information at:
    Motivational Speakers in india 

    ReplyDelete