Sunday, April 19, 2015

# 188 Making Hay

Spending a day on the couch on one of the nicest days in the season reminded me how important it is to make every day count.  I was under the weather on Friday and as much as I wanted to get out and seize the day, it wasn't going to happen.

This confirms my mother's mantra--make hay while the sun is shining.  Feeling rotten on any day is the pits but dwelling on it only reinforces what I was missing.  To counteract sitting on my duff I was productive removing the gel nails (which takes forever), read a book and cuddled with my dog.  The entire time I moaned about the leaves in the yard and all the projects I wanted to conquer in April and this one day stopped me in my tracks.

Back to my mother's wise words.  Today is a good day.  I will get my chores done, bask in this glorious sunshine and make that hay. We all have time limits on our stay here so Friday was a reminder for me to cherish each healthy day...and if I find myself down and out for a day--let Rob rake the leaves.

Thanks for reading # 188 of 7777.


No comments:

Post a Comment