Wednesday, November 19, 2014

# 38 Just Run

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn’t matter how fast or how far. It doesn’t matter if today is your first day or if you’ve been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." 
John Bingham

Just run.  The "onc"doc finally gave me the approval to get out there and...shuffle.  Good grief, said the Charlie Brown in me, what kind of running is that?  I won't complain too much because I did manage to slowly shuffle for two miles and it actually felt pretty darn good to finally put running shoes back on my feet. 

 Jogging seems to inspire one of those love/hate kinds of relationships.  Hate it while I'm doing it but love it when it is done and it is one of the things I have sorely missed the most post diagnosis.  So tottering along and realizing there is "no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get;" I will just run.


Thanks for reading # 38 of 7777.

No comments:

Post a Comment