Saturday, May 2, 2015

# 201 Sisters



"Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other."
by Carol Saline 


Sisters. I'm lucky to have one on either side of me in the sibling order so that makes me smack dab in the middle of either drama or fun--and there has always been plenty of both. As I write, they are heading this way from Michigan--a six and half hour drive (oops, forgot my lead footed brother-in-law is driving so they will be here sooner rather than later) to spend the day and evening celebrating an honor that was bestowed upon me by the American Cancer Society.

To say I am thrilled that they are coming is an understatement. Spending that many hours in a car on very little notice says volumes of the importance of family and the ties that bind us but there wasn't a hesitation when they were asked if maybe they could get away for a quick jaunt to Wisconsin.

Growing up we had the usual trials and tribulations of sibling rivalry but the drama of those earlier years fades away as I remember the laughter and silliness that only three young girls can conjure up. Our poor father would temporarily be at a loss for words when we would explode into out "pee pee" laughing mode. I do recall a shaking of the head and a reprimand to stop what we were doing. Of course that only led to an eruption of giggles making him yearn for a male companion to combat the hysteria that frequently surfaced from the back seat of our car.

Ahhh! The memories of our youth. Not too much has changed but it will be a delightful weekend of catching up and, of course, major silliness thrown in for the sole purpose of driving my speeding brother-in-law and my eye rolling husband crazy.

Thanks for reading # 201 of 7777.





No comments:

Post a Comment