Monday, May 4, 2015

# 204 An Evening to Remember


What an incredible way to spend a Saturday night as American Cancer Society's  Coaches vs. Cancer event honored me with the Spirit of Hope award.  I was quite humbled by their gracious act of publicly supporting me and even though I don't like the added attention especially in front of hundreds of people, I felt the love and good vibes flowing throughout the Kohl Center. Everyone in the arena had the same goal as Coach Bo and me--find a cure now.  Knowing how driven Coach Ryan is on the basketball court, he takes that drive a step further with the fight against cancer--and is determined to win.  

It was a rewarding evening with 1.2 million dollars raised that left me and others speechless.  Fortunately the TV announcer interviewed me before I became mute, however, I'm not sure that can be an excuse for my rambling.  

Congratulations to ACS for a beautiful and profitable evening where everyone walked away a winner.

Thanks for reading # 204 of 7777.

No comments:

Post a Comment