Sunday, May 17, 2015

# 216 A Rainy Day

“Rain clouds come floating in, not to muddy my days ahead, but to make me calm, happy and hopeful.” 
― rajuda

My day was to be filled with yard projects but alas! the rain has begun and I am inside looking out.  I will heed Rajuda's wise words and remain "calm, happy and hopeful".  A good book will cure my woes of an out of control weed filled garden.

My new philosophy regarding those nasty little monsters that grow where they are not welcome is that they may be underrated and there might be beauty underlying their bad reputation.  With that revelation I will embrace the disgusting little yellow and green things that are choking out my flower beds and turn a blind eye to what I should be doing to improve the aesthetic landscaping.

Whoa, my neighbor is outside, the sun is shining and her lawn looks a heck of a lot better than mine so will close this blog and tackle the pervasive little buggers.  Disregard the previous paragraph because although there is no prize at the end of the summer, I hate to see the dandelions and the garlic mustard reign over my treasured flower beds while hers are plucked free of the roaming rascals.

Thanks for reading #216 of 7777.


No comments:

Post a Comment