Wednesday, December 10, 2014

#59 HO! HO! HO!

A funny thing happened on the way to St. Mary's Care Center.  Rob was kidnapped by elves and transformed into none other than the real SANTA. On his return home after the festivities, he couldn't stop talking about his incredible experience.  Made me wish I could be Santa for a day.  I suggested he write about it so here it is--Santa Rob's first blog.

For 35 years my Rotary club puts on a Bingo party at the St. Mary’s Care Center. Although I’m Jewish, I have been fortunate enough to be Santa and visit the residents who can’t come down to Bingo.  If you ever want to really feel the holiday spirit try handing out gifts to strangers. The look of joy on everyone’s faces and hugs for Santa are like the commercial--priceless--or skip down the halls with a 4 year old holding your hand on either side, singing “We Wish You a Merry Christmas”. But the best was when we finished our rounds, sang a song to all those at Bingo, and then my elves hugged me and said, “I love you, Santa”.

Festively submitted by,
Rob, The Almost Real Santa


Thanks for reading # 59 of 7777.

No comments:

Post a Comment