Wednesday, December 31, 2014

# 80 Goodbye 2014

What can I say about 2014?  Quite the year and when June rolled in, the real learning began as I became a reluctant and unintentional student.  No one signs up for this class but as long as I'm here, I might as well reflect and pass knowledge on to others. If nothing else, I feel better revealing my newfound wisdom (said with tongue in cheek) and that is good enough for me.

I could say nothing and everything about this disease.  Have I stopped learning?  No, the learning curve is still curving around as I attempt to put this new bend on my life in perspective.

This list will most likely expand as the years go by and is not in any particular order--a random sampling of thoughts on the last day of 2014.

                    What I have learned from cancer

1.  Confirming that I married the best husband...ever
2.  Loving my family more intensely-- as if that were possible
3.  Support from friends does wonders
4. The one person avoiding me in the grocery store is overshadowed by the scores of others lining up for hugs
5.  I will never ever say this is the best thing that has happened to me
6.  Becoming a health foodie is working for me
7. S*&t happens
8.  Blog writing has been a therapeutic outlet for ranting and saying silly stuff and feedback from others
9.  Looking forward--7697 more blogs to write
10.  Living life to the fullest--a cliche, but a truism
11.  Every ache and pain is not the cancer growing--my ingrown toe nail was not cancer of the toe
12.  There are more ways to beat cancer--Reading about the medical and the alternative aspects of healing
13. Pity parties are overrated
14.  I am in charge of my well being
15.  Massages work wonders
16.   Reiki is magical
17.   Be angry and then let it go
18.   Being positive and upbeat all the time can be wearing
19.  Getting a "pass" on anything (cleaning or cooking :))
20. Nature has healing powers
21. Meditation is life changing
22. Cancer sucks.

That's all for now.  Goodbye to 2014 with hopes of promise and good health for 2015.

Thanks for reading #80 of 7777.


No comments:

Post a Comment