Friday, December 12, 2014

# 61 Who Me, Worry?

“Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” 
― Corrie ten Boom

So yesterday I stressed about what I would hear at my monthly oncology visit.  Worry, worry, worry--the first, last and middle names of every cancer patient.  Dr. A. reported my good looking numbers and the plan to maintain the course we began last August.  The hip pain may simply be a chronic symptom and shuffling should be suspended for the time being.  Besides that disappointing or sigh of relief news (remember my love/hate relationship with running?), we will maintain our course and escape to Palm Springs at our regular scheduled time. Sunshine and warm temps--here we come!

  Now on to building my strength and leaving the worries behind knowing that it doesn't do diddily squat to lose sleep over this @*&% disease and besides, I have more blogs to write, mountains to climb and lakes to swim to spend one more second fretting about it.

Thanks for caring and reading # 61 of 7777.

No comments:

Post a Comment