Sunday, December 14, 2014

# 63 And Then She Said...

Dear Mary -
Please forgive my delay in getting back to you.  I've been in and out of town during the past few weeks, and I'm only now catching up with my correspondence.  I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through. But I think it's a wonderful thing for you to have started your blog.  There's nothing more powerful than words. So thank you for your inspiring words to me, that my books have given you comfort.  I'm in the midst of writing a new book, and have been having some difficult days.  It's my eighth book, and I must say, it doesn't get any easier.  Your message to me was a wonderful reminder of why I sit down day after day and keep trying to tell the stories.  I should also tell you that I've never written a blog, and wouldn't know where to begin.  Could I send you a poem, or an essay I've written about books and reading for you to put up?  Because I'm working on a new book, I don't have time to write anything else right now.  But I'd be honored to contribute something.
All best wishes and Happy Thanksgiving -
Gail

My thoughts--This knocked my socks off-- and she has "difficult days" writing her 8th book!  Makes me feel a whole lot better when faced with the occasional writing block on my daily blogging.

Thanks for reading # 63 of 7777.

No comments:

Post a Comment