Friday, March 6, 2015

# 144 Lucky of the Unlucky



So the celebration on my "hip hip hurrah" bone scan continues and I am enjoying this reprieve from the dire news of a cancer diagnosis that hit me last June.  Several people have kindly noted that it assuredly must be due to either my: 1. positive attitude 2. can-do attitude 3. fighting spirit attitude, etc. etc. etc.  You get the idea.  I must have done something to stop the cancer growing cells in my body--what a woman I am.

In reality, it probably wasn't a darn thing that I did.  Cancer cells work on their own schedule and timeframe and at the moment mine seem to be very intimidated by my medication and have shut down for now.  Joy of joys!

There have been too many people who have died from this dreaded disease and I'm sure they all had upbeat, going to beat this attitudes, so why have I--so far-- escaped the growing demons in my body.  No one knows--not even my skilled oncologist.  Right now I feel like the lucky one of the unlucky members in this club.

Cancer is a bit like walking on eggshells as the next bone scan looms in the distant future.  Can I be the recipient of good news again?  I'll approach it with a wait and see stance and won't panic over any new ache or pain in my body.  In the meantime I will continue with this perpetual smile on my face (it is genuine now), my daily meditation and any other positive "cancer fighting" techniques that might have made a difference (or not).  If this is all for naught, at least I will be much more pleasant person to be around.  My loving husband is reading this over my shoulder shaking his head in the affirmative--pleasant, pleasant at last!

Thanks for reading # 144 of 7777.




No comments:

Post a Comment