Saturday, January 10, 2015

#90 I think I Can

What's not to love about Deb?  Energetic, fun and a friend for life.  Enjoy her thought provoking first of many entries.


“I think I can, I think I can”

One of my favorite books to read to our kids when they were young was, “The Little Engine that Could” by Platt and Munk.  I began to think about this after Mary’s plea for help with her blog because I am quite confident that writing is not a strength for my left brain science minded self.  The “mantra” that is repeated in the story is , “I think I can, I think I can” , which is what I decided would be my “mantra” in helping Mary with this daunting task of writing a blog.  Ask me to list the muscles, bones and/or discuss orthopedic injuries etc… no problem, but write?!?! 
 “I think I can, I think I can”!  
What I found out as I googled “The Little Engine that Could” was that it was initially written in the early 1900’s and has been published by many authors over the years.  The lesson learned from the story is optimism and hard work, both good lessons for all of us.  The story ends with , “I thought I Could, I thought I could”.  My blog ends with, “I thought I could, and I did”.

respectfully submitted by Deb Moyer 

Thanks for reading #90 of 7777.

No comments:

Post a Comment