Wednesday, July 29, 2015

#289 No Croc Will Get Me

A little African influence today.  Each quote reminds me of my constant and steady supporters on this wild ride with cancer. I do believe they would cross the river by my side so a croc wouldn't eat me.  That's what it feels like to have them in my life.

A village in Togo--"Many hands..."

African Quotes on Unity and Community

  • Unity is strength, division is weakness. ~ Swahili proverb
  • Sticks in a bundle are unbreakable. ~ Bondei proverb
  • It takes a village to raise a child. ~ African proverb
  • Cross the river in a crowd and the crocodile won’t eat you. ~ African proverb
  • Many hands make light work. ~ Haya (Tanzania) proverb
  • Where there are many, nothing goes wrong. ~ Swahili proverb
  • Two ants do not fail to pull one grasshopper. ~ Tanzanian proverb
  • A single bracelet does not jingle. ~ Congolese proverb
  • A single stick may smoke, but it will not burn. ~ African proverb
  • If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. ~ African proverb
From afritorial.com

Thanks for reading # 289 of 7777.

No comments:

Post a Comment