Wednesday, June 3, 2015

# 233 Undeniably Inspired

“If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.” 
― Roopleen
A couple of mets sisters
 And it is a big dream.  The swim yesterday was somewhat uneventful--calm waters, mild temperatures and a kayaker (Rob) under control.  What was astounding to me were the number of supporters cheering me on or jumping into the waters and swimming or kayaking by my side.
A few of the super supporters

The swimmers--buff and young and fast!
Before plunging into the water, there was a brief moment where I wanted to stand still for a second or two to absorb the love and encouragement I felt.  It was a colossal
 cascade of joyous sounds.

The local TV station was there for an interview and this time I couldn't hold back the tears when asked what it meant to have that many people joining forces to get the message across.  A humbling, humbling experience and to convey how much this means to me would be a gargantuan task of epic proportions.

My dream is that we can make a difference and the ultimate treatment will be found before another mets sister/brother dies.
To find that cure I will "leave no stone unturned to make it a reality".  If I have to sell my soul to the media, do my song and dance about mets and swim mile after mile; I will do it.  The "Heathers", the "Maggies" and the rest of us living with MBC need that chance to live more days than this disease now allows.  Money is out there.  It is crucial that it be channeled in our direction.

I will say it again and again.  Thank you supporters.  Swimming across these lakes would be impossible alone so having you by my side INSPIRES me to get the job done.

Visit onewomanmanylakes.net to make a donation and check out the news story--
http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/Woman-to-swim-Madison-lakes-for-cancer-awareness-305585371.html

Thanks for reading # 233 of 7777.



1 comment: