Tuesday, June 30, 2015

# 261 Sunny Day and No Rain--Priceless


Did it--swim # 10--a phenomenal success.  I can't adequately describe what happened yesterday at Lake Mendota with slight overcast clouds keeping our boaters cool, north winds pushing us along and the swells of people on the sidelines and in the boats. It was beyond anything I could have imagined.  There were fifteen strong and mighty swimmers taking the challenge of the 4.5 mile swim and so many boaters that I lost count.

It definitely was a group effort as the swimmers waited for a few of us slow pokes to catch up to them at the 1.4 mile mark and then regrouped and tackled the next leg of the swim with gusto.  Several braved the entire trek with short breaks (those tough Ironman personalities) while the rest of us took a mini hiatus on the boat but did manage to swim at least 2 1/2 miles--not too shabby if I do say so myself.

Swimming alongside my onc doc, best friends and supporters of my cause was truly a highlight in this quest for drawing attention to the forgotten disease.  I've said it over and over again, so here goes one more time--THANK YOU... and now let's find a cure. Click here to Donate to METAvivor


Enjoy the random pictures to give a brief look at the day.
The beginning



Pontoon relief

Check out this video--Swimming to the Union


Best support kayakers and boaters
Thanks for reading #261 of 7777.




No comments:

Post a Comment