Friday, November 13, 2015

#397 Yep, Smile Through Your Wrinkles!


They don't hurt.


Checked out the mirror today and thought, Whoa!  I should write a blog about wrinkles.  Then I realized it is Fav Friday and I had already groaned about them last year.  Love the quote at the end--helps a bit.

# 34 Wrinkles Are Not Just for Clothes.

"Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Lately I've noticed a strange phenomenon that began about three months ago--my observations of older women on the streets, in restaurants, in the grocery store--wondering if I will look the same at their age.

 I remember years ago I was with my mother at her women’s club when she attempted to point someone out to me saying, “Lucy's the older one with the gray curly hair and blue shirt”. Looking across the room, I saw no fewer than five women fitting that exact description.  How does that happen?

Aging.  I used to think what a shame we look in the mirror one day and, BAM, it is our mother staring back at us. Wait! What happened to me???  Now I welcome that look and conjure a future picture of me--wrinkles and all--but happy to be alive.  Possibly the fixation on the soft white hair framing their beautifully lined faces has me secretly wishing someone, years from now, will mistake me for another gracefully aging woman.

 If you happen to a have a wrinkle or two, this quote will give you one more crease in your nearly flawless face.

"There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt."
-- Author Unknown


Thanks for reading #397 of 7777.

No comments:

Post a Comment