|Cancer--a robber and a thief.|
This may be a bit of a downer but I am venting so pass on reading this blog today if you'd rather hear a bit of cheery news.
Cancer is a thief and a plunderer. I will count down the ways this disease has deprived me since entering my life four years ago.
Cancer deprives me...10. From running and sweating hard and going all out in a workout while the sweat drips off my nose and I can hardly breathe. Doesn't and can't happen anymore.
9. Getting up in the morning and having a whole day of not thinking about it. I may have an hour or two of cancer free thoughts but never ever a whole day.
8. Future trips on places to go and see. Will I be healthy enough to travel? Will it interfere with my appointments or treatments?
7. Drinking my favorite martini.
6. Maintaining my weight as I watch the scales go up due to the medication.
5. A morning free from downing a half a dozen pills.
4. My kids living a normal worry free life while their mom struggles with a terminal illness.
2. A stress free husband.
1. Of possibly growing old with that husband of mine.
Yep, that's where I am today. Guaranteed tomorrow will be better but I will never write a blog or anything else on how cancer has given me a gift. Will never happen. Cancer only takes--never gives.
You can help by going to www.onewomanmanylakes.org and give.
Thanks for reading #374 of 7777.