Wednesday, October 21, 2015

#374 Stop That Thief!

Cancer--a robber and a thief.


This may be a bit of a downer but I am venting so pass on reading this blog today if you'd rather hear a bit of cheery news.

Cancer is a thief and a plunderer.  I will count down the ways this disease has deprived me since entering my life four years ago.

Cancer deprives me...
10. From running and sweating hard and going all out in a workout while the sweat drips off my nose and I can hardly breathe.  Doesn't and can't happen anymore.
9.  Getting up in the morning and having a whole day of not thinking about it.  I may have an hour or two of cancer free thoughts but never ever a whole day.
8.  Future trips on places to go and see.  Will I be healthy enough to travel?  Will it interfere with my appointments or treatments?
7.  Drinking my favorite martini.
6.  Maintaining my weight as I watch the scales go up due to the medication.
5. A morning free from downing a half a dozen pills.
4.  My kids living a normal worry free life while their mom struggles with a terminal illness.
3.  Triathlons.
2.  A stress free husband.
1.  Of possibly growing old with that husband of mine.

Yep, that's where I am today.  Guaranteed tomorrow will be better but I will never write a blog or anything else on how cancer has given me a gift.  Will never happen. Cancer only takes--never gives.

You can help by going to www.onewomanmanylakes.org and give.

Thanks for reading #374 of 7777.

No comments:

Post a Comment