Wednesday, December 9, 2015

#423 Twelve New Sisters




This entry is from a woman I met at a retreat for metastatic breast cancer thrivers.  She is an incredible woman I was honored to meet.  

The best day I have had since diagnosis was just a recent time.  It was in September.  The day I felt all this excitement, as well as being a little bit nervous.  You could say my stomach felt like there were a million butterflies flying around!  I had a build up of emotions.  I was invited to a retreat that was exclusively for metastatic breast cancer patients.  I had no idea what I was going to be walking into.  Over the next four days I met with other metastatic women.  We had group sessions as well as private time.  Those four days helped me on so many levels.  On the last day (this was my best day) I walked out with a smile on my face, and I gained twelve new sisters.  A memory I don't ever want to go away!

By Alecia Haffery

Thanks for reading #423 of 7777.

No comments:

Post a Comment