Saturday, December 12, 2015

#426 Glass Half Full



Deb's Half Full Glass



Deb Moyer is one of those special people who, after a call for a blog entry, sat herself down and wrote this positively uplifting piece. That is just who she is--always there when I need her.


BEST DAY

best/adjective
1.  of the most excellent, effective, or desirable type or quality.
"the best pitcher in the league"
synonyms: finest, greatest, top, foremost, leading, preeminent, premier, prime, first, chief, principal, supreme, of the highest quality, superlative, par excellence, unrivaled, second to none, without equal, nonpareil, unsurpassed, peerless, matchless, unparalleled, unbeaten, unbeatable, optimum, optimal, ultimate, incomparable, ideal, perfect

When Mary asked for writings on our "best" day, I was stumped.  What constitutes the "best".  I sought Wikipedia for assistance.   What is the definition of a word that has probably been in my vocabulary since age 3.  It did not help.  I learned what I already knew.  I also went to the web to see how to have the best day, ever.  It listed things such as having a good night sleep, taking the day off, staying positive, seizing the moment, do something you love, invite a friend or loved one over...  All great ideas!

The dilemma for me was how do I rank something amongst so many "bests".  I tend to be a "glass half full"  type of person, thus I see many days as the "best".  To be honest, if we all would take time to recognize the little things each day, we will discover many "bests".  

I decided to make a list of my "bests" (which are in no particular order). 

  1. Meeting my husband
  2. Getting engaged
  3. Wedding day
  4. Getting into PT school
  5. The birth of our 3 daughters
  6. Holidays, especially Christmas
  7. A sunny day
  8. A beautiful sunrise or sunset
  9. A great walk or hike in nature
  10. A fun day spent with family or friends
  11. Time spent on my bike
  12. Completing my first triathlon 
  13. Seeing the kids I work with learn a new skill
  14. Learning we would become grandparents


Make today your best😉

Thanks for reading # 426 of 7777.

No comments:

Post a Comment