Sunday, December 13, 2015

#427 Be the Candle or the Mirror


You can't have too many best friends

My friend Di is certainly one of a kind and she has also brought out the best in me with our friendship.  Read her entry and substitute "Di" for "Mary" and you will see why we have connected as friends for life.  

Hi!  It’s me again, Di, author of blog #151, “Strangers Become Friends.”  It’s about time I listen to Mary’s plea for blog entries so she can enjoy a break.  During this season of Thanksgiving, I want to share one of my best days, as Mary suggested as a topic for her readers to write about.  Honestly, one of the best days ever for me was the day I met this wonderful woman.  She is a friend who has changed my life.  
Edith Wharton, author, said “There are two ways of spreading light…To be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it.”  Mary is both the candle and the mirror.  She is not afraid to be the source of light, motivating, teaching and inspiring us to do something about Stage IV.  Sometimes that light becomes burning heat when her feistiness takes over, as it should.  When she’s mad, she’s powerful!  Other times, she is the mirror, reflecting the love and joy she receives from those around her.  She has the gift of bringing out the best of others.  I, for one, wouldn’t want to waste time with Mary being crabby or pessimistic.  I am happy when I am with her and my heart smiles when I think of her when she is not around.  Mary has opened my eyes to new opportunities and has inspired me to stay positive and never give up, no matter what your mission in life is.  I have been so touched by all of Mary’s friends and family members who I have met in recent years.  What a wonderful and caring circle of loving people!  I am truly thankful for my treasured friendship with Mary, one that I know will continue to spread light into my life each and every day.  Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend, to you and your family.  I love you. 

Thanks for reading # 427 of 7777.

No comments:

Post a Comment