Saturday, December 19, 2015

#433 Powerful Women



Sue, The Queen of the Staministas





Sue, the wonder woman who definitely has earned her own title of Staminista, wrote this entry that does indeed embarrass me but will post it anyway. She is a doer, a pusher, a challenger, and on and on and on.  So, from one Staminista to another, let's go toast our titles and conquer the world!


Knowing a Staminista

Since my friend, Mary, is far away in Antarctica, I will share a title that I have bestowed on her.  If her checks are turning red, it is from the crisp Antarctic breezes (or a true polar plunge) rather than being caused by embarrassment from reading this guest blog.

I first encountered the word "Staminista" in an article in O,The Oprah Magazine. It was titled "Secrets of the Staminista's: Women Who Do it All."  As soon as I read the title I thought that it perfectly described my friend Mary.  In the article three "powerhouses" tell Dorothy Foltz-Gray what keeps them going.  

Two of the subjects became the first women (Liv Arneson & Ann Bancroft) to cross Antarctica on foot - the equivalent of skiing from New York to Denver in minus 30-degree weather - each dragging a 250-pound sled of supplies.  Hopefully, Mary will not take up that same challenge during her trip!  Her numerous swims across lakes to raise money for Metavivor is enough for her to be a "Staminista" in my eyes.  A quote from Ann Bancroft in the article perfectly describes Mary:  "You have to have a personality that's willing to adapt to the situations that present themselves, because sometimes you have good days and sometimes you don't. You have to honor that and still make the push."

The third "Staminista" in the article is Sarah Susanka, a best selling author.  In 1998 her first book, The Not So Big House, became a best seller.  It's about making optimal use of your living space.  She has since written more books with a similar theme.  After her initial success, she fended off a minimum of 15 requests a day for interviews and speaking engagements.  Sarah realized the importance of staying balanced and calm as well as setting priorities.  She achieved this through daily meditation and not accepting commitments that interfere with it.

So back to my favorite "Staminista" who takes on the physical challenge of lake crossing and writes a daily blog, as well as doing interviews and speaking engagements!!!  All of these accomplishments would make her a "Super Staminista" if Oprah needs another article for her magazine.

Click here for more Inspiring Stalinists: Secrets to Staminista

Power Women O The Oprah Magazines Power List

Thanks for reading # 433 of 7777.

1 comment:

  1. GREETINGS everyone out there.. my name is (Robert Lora) I am from CANADA i will never forget the help Dr Ogudugu render to me in my marital life. I have been married for 8 years now and my husband and i love each other very dearly. After 6 years of our marriage my husband suddenly change he was having an affair with a lady outside our marriage, my husband just came home one day he pick up his things and left me and the kids to his mistress outside at this time i was confuse not knowing what to do again because i have lost my husband and my marriage too. i was searching for help in the internet, i saw many people sharing testimony on how Dr Ogudugu help them out with their marital problems so i contacted the email of Dr Ogudugu i told him my problem and i was told to be calm that i have come to the right place were i can get back my husband within the next 48hours, to my greatest surprise my husband came to my office begging me on his knees that i should find a place in my heart to forgive him, that he will never cheat on me again, i quickly ask him up that i have forgiven him. Friends your case is not too hard why don't you give Dr Ogudugu a chance, because i know they will help you to fix your relationship with your Ex Partner. contact him: greatogudugu@gmail.com Or you can also reach him via whatsapp on +27663492930

    ReplyDelete